New Player Cup Collectible Series for the 2018 Season
A staple of the #SweetsCountry experience has been the Pepsi bottomless cup. The Sweets and their partner in pouring have stepped up the game this season – with a new program that both keeps the most popular elements of the fan experience program (bottomless), and makes it even more fun for the 2018 season.
New this year, the team will feature key returning players from the 2017 roster. Each player will have his “own” games, with the following schedule of games below.
The goal is to collect the whole set – 6 total cups. Each of the 6 cups will be eligible for the $2 re-fill during the regular season.
The schedule is as follows (subject to change, and without guarantee that the player(s) will be available or with the team the date(s) of their promotion):
- June 8-9-10-12-13: Nick Nyquist – a 3-year Sweet, a 2X WCL All-Star, and 1st Team All-WCL
- June 15-16-17-22: Ryan Johnston – a 3-year Sweet, and a team leader in many statistical categories, on and off the mound
- June 23-24-25-26-27: Jake Suddleson – returning for his second season, Jake was a WCL All-Star in 2017 and a team leader in homeruns
- July 5-6-7-8: Darius Vines – one of the top pitching prospects in the 2017 WCL season, known for dramatic strikeouts at Borleske
- July 13-14-18-19: Dylan Riddle – back for his 3rd WCL season, 2nd with Walla Walla, this dynamic lefty is poised to lead the pitching staff in 2018
- July 20-21-22-23: Danny Sinatro – an electrifying outfielder who uses speed and defense to change games, he is back for a 2018 WCL title run
- July 31-August 1-2-3-4-5: Get the one you missed!
A next-level step in the promotion – Player Collectible Cup Night June 13 vs. Highline. We will give away (100) of each of the players cups at the front gate (including a free fill!) – we’re helping you start your collection by getting the first one on us. So…if you get a Nick Nyquist on Opening Night, pick up the Dylan Riddle on June 13 – you’re 33% of the way to the full collection!
By: Walla Walla Sweets
Date: May 4, 2018