Thank you for your interest in joing the Walla Walla Sweets staff for the upcoming season. The Walla Walla Sweets have completed the hiring process for 2014 summer positions with the team. Please check back with us next year as we will be looking to fill the following roles within our organization:
- Interns (8-10)
- Communications Coordinator
- Box Office Ticket Agent
- Grill Master
- Manual Scoreboard Operator
The Walla Walla Sweets baseball team is seeking a talented, experienced manager/head coach to oversee the day-to-day coaching responsibilities of a West Coast League baseball franchise.
Preferred candidates will have coaching experience at the collegiate (preferably Division I) level or higher, with relationships within the game that will help the club, in conjunction with the president and general manager, build a competitive team on the field. Candidate will be experienced with building a coaching staff, interacting with the media in a professional and courteous way, working with college coaches at all levels, and working alongside the front office in a cooperative and constructive manner to ensure success both on and off the field.
· Recruiting period (August-April – off and on depending on need)
*(This is a flexible timeframe. It is not continuous work, and possible to be done remotely as needed.
· Season: (late May – mid August) - live in-market
· Provide leadership and instruction to players and members of the coaching staff.
· Work under the leadership of the team president and/or general manager to find, recruit, and sign players for the roster.
· Direct and coordinate the activities of the Baseball staff to include the planning, organizing and coaching of the team; ensure compliance with WCL and team policy and regulations.
· Coordinate and organize team travel (hotels, rooming lists, etc) and host families in conjunction with a designated staff member
· Direct the Baseball staff in the preparation of analyses of opponent teams; analyze statistics and tactical data of opponents and prepare accordingly.
· Counsel team members in team, disciplinary and personal matters; consult with team administration for resolution of issues as required. Assign geographical areas to and supervise the Baseball staff in the recruitment of student-athletes.
· Determine fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds.
· Direct various personnel functions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, and promotions (where possible).
· Study, evaluate and implement innovations in baseball strategy and equipment.
· Represent the team in professional, civic, charity and promotional events as schedule permits (working with the general manager to coordinate schedules).
· Perform other related duties incidental to the work described therein.
· A successful candidate will demonstrate a strong work ethic and high levels of integrity and honesty, particularly as it relates to working with young men and setting a proper example for them to follow. Candidates must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, must be attentive to detail and accurate in record keeping, and possess an ability to work with a diverse constituency including front office personnel, game-day employees, interns, media and other personnel incidental to working in baseball. Candidate must have a valid passport and be able to travel across the Canada-U.S. border.
Based on experience and existing league standards. Performance objectives and bonuses will be included in the compensation. This is a seasonal job, not eligible for benefits. A suitable housing solution will be provided at no cost to the manager in the event that the candidate comes from out of market.
Please forward your resumes to Zachary Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org.